Pharmaceeka - Pharmacy Locum and Employment Solutions
Our pharmacy has been owned and run by the same family for almost 50 years, with the second generation owner working as the main pharmacist. We have a great clientele and fantastic staff who will be looking forward to working with a dynamic leader. As an Amcal branded pharmacy we are focused on service and high standards are expected in everything we do.
In a relatively new, small shopping centre in the inner eastern suburbs of Melbourne, this is a great place to come to work.
What we expect our Retail Manager to do?
Our Retail Managers set the standard when it comes to our customer’s pharmacy experience. They’re responsible for the management and performance of the retail business. This includes the financial aspects, and most importantly the people in the store.
This is a classic retail management role, but with the benefit of making deep and meaningful relationships with our customers. Pharmacy has a special role to play in our community and the retail manager will lead the team to meet that community need.
What is required to be a Retail Manager?
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- A precise attention to detail - a natural eye for merchandising is the key to success
- Proven experience in leading and contributing to a dynamic retail team
- Significant retail experience is essential and pharmacy industry experience is ideal
- You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job
- A certificate 3 in Retail or greater would be favourable, but life experience is recognised also.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Pharmacy Business Manager, your proven leadership skills will be key to how effective your store is in achieving our purpose of helping our customer’s lead healthier lives.
- Ensure that all merchandising, promotional and retail activity are following the Amcal guidelines
- Monitoring wage costs
- Assess, measure and give effective feedback on staff performance
- Run team meetings
- Implement training plans
- Manage rosters in conjunction with the Pharmacy Business Manager
Engagement and Remuneration
This role is full time, Monday to Friday.
You will be supported by a dedicated team and Amcal provide coaching and mentoring by experienced state and area managers.
We are offering competitive remuneration for the right candidate. Car parking is available on site and close to public transport (train and bus).